• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (April 28, 1990) – WWF Saturday Night’s Main Event 26
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on April 28, 1990, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘WWF Saturday Night’s Main Event 26’ on NBC.
The entire event was originally taped on April 23, 1990 at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, Texas.
Here are the results:
– Hulk Hogan defeated Mr. Perfect
– Earthquake defeated Hillbilly Jim
– The Hart Foundation wrestled The Rockers to a double-DQ
– WWF World Heavyweight Championship: The Ultimate Warrior (c) defeated Haku
– The Big Boss Man defeated Akeem by DQ
• WWE Wrestler Has Heat After Backstage Incident With Finn Balor
As we noted before, Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer reported that Lio Rush has major backstage heat in WWE because his confidence has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.
Below is what Meltzer had to say about Rush:
“Rush is a very confident man. That can rub people the wrong way, even though you have to have that to be a star in this business. The story goes that he’s made it very clear to many people that he thinks he should be a top guy on the brand, and hasn’t been shy about saying it.”
In an update to this, Fightful is reporting that a backstage incident with Intercontinental Champion Finn Balor also led to backstage heat on Rush.
Rush’s wife always accompanies him backstage and this led to Balor question Rush regarding this. Balor tried to explain that Rush’s wife attending rehearsals might not sit well with Vince McMahon and this led to Rush responding ‘unfavourably’.
Fightful is now reporting that Rush might never appear on RAW again.
We’ll keep you updated regarding this.
WATCH: Maria Kanellis Was SO HOT: