10. On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (July 20, 2008) – Final WWE PPV Under TV-14 Rating
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on July 20, 2008, WWE presented The Great American Bash 2008 PPV from the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, New York. This was the final WWE PPV under the TV-14 rating as it was around this time that WWE turned PG.
The main event of the show saw Triple H defend the WWE Championship against Edge. Also on this PPV, Michelle McCool became the inaugural Divas Champion. Below are the results from the show:
– Fatal 4-Way Match For The WWE Tag Team Championship: Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder def. John Morrison and The Miz (c), Jesse and Festus, & Finlay and Hornswoggle to win the Titles.
– United States Championship Match: Shelton Benjamin def. Matt Hardy (c) to win the Title.
– ECW Championship Match: Mark Henry (c) def. Tommy Dreamer to retain the Title.
– Chris Jericho def. Shawn Michaels via TKO
– Inaugural WWE Divas Championship Match: Michelle McCool def. Natalya to become the first Champion.
– World Heavyweight Championship Match: CM Punk (c) vs. Batista ends in a Double DQ
– New York City Parking Lot Brawl: JBL def. John Cena
– WWE Championship Match: Triple H (c) def. Edge to retain the Title.
Below are the highlights from this PPV: