• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (June 29, 1998) – WCW MONDAY NITRO
On this day in 1998, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW MONDAY NITRO’.
It was broadcasted from the Ice Palace in Tampa, Florida and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Bash at the Beach 1998’ PPV.
The card can be found here:
– Kanyon vs. Horace Boulder
– Little Dragon vs. Eddy Guerrero
– The Giant vs. Sumo Fuji & Judo Suwa
– Lex Luger & Sting vs. Davey Boy Smith & Jim Neidhart
– Perry Saturn vs. Reese
– El Vampiro vs. Brad Armstrong
– Alex Wright & Disco Inferno vs. Tokyo Magnum & CIMA
– Chris Benoit & Steve McMichael vs. Harlem Heat
– Goldberg vs. Glacier
• WWF Veteran Says He’s Drinking A Lot Because Of Physical Pain
Old School WWF Veteran Marty Jannetty posted the following on Facebook:
“Can I please explain something to y’all? When I joke on the fact that Im drinking too much, what I dont tell y’all why..but I am now, BOTH my ankles hurt so bad and because of Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson and Prince, its next to impossible to get pain pills legally..I can get them off the streets, but the liquor store is much easier AND legal..
One day I will get my ankles fixed, then I’ll stop all the drinking..some days I cant even walk even with crutches, I have to stay in bed and keep a bucket there to pee in..try living like that..and note this, Im a professional wrestler, pain is my game for 35 years now..so if IM hurting, its gotta be bad..
So I said all that to say, please just understand..and I know Sometimes I get drunk and put messed up sh*t on here..I apologize for that..but now you know why…………..
PS- everything is gonna be alright, just not right now.”