• “You could tell I was out of shape, but I knew what they wanted to do” – The Undertaker
During a recent appearance on Victory Over Injury podcast, WWF Legend The Undertaker recalled being out of shape heading into 2017 due to his major hip issues.
Taker said he knew it was important to pass the torch to Roman Reigns in the main event of WrestleMania 33, and that’s why he went ahead with the match despite not being anywhere near 100% physically.
Here’s what The Phenom said:
“It was disappointing to me, and I knew in January when I was in the Rumble. You could tell I was overweight, I was out of shape, but I knew what they wanted to do.
It was important for me to pass the baton on or do what I could for Roman, who’s the next generation. It was just a bad, bad deal.
That was probably as honest a moment as you’ll ever see in wrestling. Me taking that hat and coat and putting it in the ring, because I knew at that point I was done.
I was so disappointed. Anything else I’d ever accomplished, I couldn’t think of that. I couldn’t think of WrestleMania 25, Houston with Shawn Michaels, all those thoughts were gone.
It was, ‘You just stunk the joint out and you let a lot of people down.’”
WATCH: The Undertaker’s First TikTok Video:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (April 18, 1981) – WWF Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1981, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Championship Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Agricultural Hall in Allentown, Pennsylvania and featured matches & interviews with several 1981 WWF Wrestling Superstars.
You can find the card below:
– Sgt. Slaughter vs. Terry Gunn
– Pedro Morales vs. Jerry Johnson
– Don Muraco vs. Charlie Brown
– Yoshiaki Yatsu vs. the Black Demon
– Killer Khan vs. Rick Stallone
– The Moondogs vs. Dominic DeNucci & Jack Carson
– Tony Atlas vs. Pete Mitchell
– Mil Mascaras vs. Johnny Rodz