• Edge & Christian Talk About The “End of an Era” With Bruno Sammartino’s Passing
During a recent edition of their E&C’s Pod Of Awesomeness, Attitude Era Veterans Edge and Christian, saddened by the passing of WWE Hall Of Famer Bruno Sammartino, called it the “End of an Era”.
Below is what Edge and Christian said:
“It feels like the end, the kind of end of an era in terms of, he’s the biggest star of the WWF/WWE ever. I mean, you can say ‘Stone Cold’ [Steve Austin] and you can say [Hulk] Hogan, but if you’re looking at MSG sellouts, if you’re looking at I mean, Bruno, man, was champ I think you’re looking at, combined in two reigns, 11 years, like, 4,000 however many days. That doesn’t happen nowadays.
I think you had an entire culture, especially to Italians and immigrants coming over to this country, here’s a guy who came over without anything and really made himself. It’s just a classic underdog, everyman story, but more importantly than whatever the accolades are in [pro] wrestling, which are obviously numerous, stack up better to anybody’s, to be honest, in meeting Bruno over the years, he was just a thoroughly classy, professional. He was just a classy, classy man and there’s just no other way to explain it.”
“To be able to stay on top and in that position wouldn’t happen unless you’re drawing money, right? So it just goes to show you the type of star magnitude that he had, especially being able to sell out Madison Square Garden as many times, consecutively, as he did. Obviously, maybe the first true superstar maybe that even transcended the sport of wrestling maybe.”
• 3 WWE Stars Make History At Greatest Royal Rumble
History was made at the Greatest Royal Rumble in many ways. Let’s take a look at 3 RAW & SmackDown Live Superstars that made history at the event:
1. Braun Strowman: Not only did Strowman win the 50 man Greatest Royal Rumble match, Strowman also eliminated 13 men from the match and broke Roman Reigns’ previous record of most eliminations in a single Rumble match (Reigns eliminated 12 wrestlers during the 2014 Royal Rumble match which had 30 wrestlers).
Below is the list of names Strowman eliminated from the match:
– Big E
– Heath Slater
– Babatunde Aiyegbusi
– Titus O’Neil
– Dan Matha
– Tye Dillinger
– Curt Hawkins
– Bobby Lashley
– The Great Khali
– Kevin Owens
– Shane McMahon
– Chris Jericho
– Big Cass
2. Daniel Bryan: SmackDown Live wrestler Daniel Bryan broke Rey Mysterio’s record of most time spent in a single Royal Rumble match. Mysterio spent 1 hour 2 minutes 12 seconds (1:02:12) in the 2006 Royal Rumble match and won it. On the other hand, Bryan spent 1 hour 16 minutes 5 seconds (1:16:05) in the 50 man Greatest Royal Rumble match to break that record. Bryan was the second last man eliminated from the match (Big Cass eliminated him).
3. Mike Kanellis: New RAW wrestler Mike Kanellis made history by getting eliminated in just 0.9 seconds. The previous record for the least time spent in the Royal Rumble match was held by Santino Marella (he was eliminated in just 1 second in 2009).
You can watch his elimination below:
Here's to the GREATEST, GREA-
— TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) April 27, 2018
MUST SEE: Footage Of Titus O’Neil & Jinder Mahal’s EPIC Botches From Greatest Royal Rumble – Click Here.