• AEW Dynamite’s 2-Week Winning Streak Against WWE RAW Is Over
For the last two weeks, AEW Dynamite (tap here to read results) managed to defeat WWE RAW by a very small margin in the 18-49 demo ratings (RAW still had more viewers overall).
However, the streak….is over.
Last night’s episode of AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam from the Arthur Ashe Stadium, which was billed as the biggest Dynamite of all time, drew 1.27 million viewers with a 0.48 rating in the 18-49 demo (which means 627,000 viewers were in the 18-49 age group).
This is up from last week’s 1.18 million viewers with a 0.44 rating in the 18-49 demo (which means 574,000 viewers were in the 18-49 age group).
On the other hand, this week’s WWE RAW drew 1.79 million viewers with a 0.49 rating in the 18-49 demo.
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (September 23, 1999) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 1999, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was broadcasted from the Reunion Arena in Dallas, Texas and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Unforgiven 1999’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
– Vince McMahon/Triple H Interview
– Chokeslam challenge: Triple H vs The Big Show
– Dudley Boyz attack Teddy Long
– X-Pac vs Mark Henry
– Jeff Jarrett Interview
– Inferno Match: Triple H vs Kane
– Tag Team Titles: The New Age Outlaws vs The Rock & Mankind
– Casket Match: Triple H vs Mideon & Viscera
– Hardcore Holly vs Al Snow
– Boiler Room Brawl: Triple H vs Mankind
– First Blood Match: Chris Jericho vs Ken Shamrock
– Brahma Bull Strap Match: Triple H vs The Rock