• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (February 3, 1990) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1990, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Jefferson Civic Center in Birmingham, Alabama and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania VI’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Dusty Rhodes vs. Tony Burton
2. Rick Martel vs. Reno Riggins
3. Jim Duggan vs. Mike Davis
4. Jake Roberts vs. Ted DiBiase
5. Earthquake vs. Mike Justice
6. The Powers Of Pain vs. Chris Walker & Butch Stanley
• AEW’s TV Deal Set To Be The Best Non-WWE TV Deal Since WCW
During a recent edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that All Elite Wrestling officials had a meeting regarding a TV deal yesterday and it could mean big things for this new wrestling company.
Below is what Meltzer said:
“AEW had a TV meeting yesterday so that went really well. There’s still no deal signed, but I think everyone knows there’s going to be a very legit deal because there’s two of them on the table. It’s real money and it’s real stations.
It’ll be the best non-WWE deal that any show has had since WCW. Has anyone had a better deal since WCW? It’s better than Spike. No one else has, right?
Either one of the two they’re coming down to it’s bigger than Spike in some ways. Prestige-wise they’re bigger than Spike by a long-shot.”
WATCH: Lana’s Hot Bikini Display: