• AEW Wrestler Lied To Shaquille O’Neal About The Table Spot In His Dynamite Match
AEW Wrestler QT Marshall trained NBA Legend Shaquille O’Neal for Shaq’s mixed Tag Team match on AEW Dynamite earlier this year, but it appears he did not tell the Basketball Star the truth about the scheduled table spot.
Here’s what Marshall told Digital Spy about their training together:
“He picked up on it very quickly. He’s a wrestling fan, so the moment that you asked him what he wanted to do, he already had a whole list of things that were in his mind that he was going to do to somebody and it was just about teaching him the right way to do it without hurting himself.
He said something about maybe going through some tables and I told him, ‘Oh it won’t be that bad, we’ll put a really thick pad underneath,’ which was not true. I just didn’t want him to back out of it.
So it was a lot of fun, as soon as he came in the back, right away, he said, ‘You lied to me! There was no pad under there!’
That’s wrestling, welcome to wrestling.”
Prior to his time with All Elite Wrestling, Shaquille O’Neal has been a celebrity in WCW & the WWF, and even entered the André The Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WWE’s WrestleMania 32 pay-per-view in 2016.
WATCH: Melina’s Huge Knockers:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWE HISTORY (August 12, 2002) – WWE Monday Night RAW
On this day in 2002, World Wrestling Entertainment aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWE Monday Night RAW’.
It was broadcasted from the Key Arena in Seattle, Washington and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWE SummerSlam 2002’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
1. Christopher Nowinski & Molly Holly vs. Spike Dudley & Trish Stratus
2. Booker T vs. Lance Storm
3. Chris Jericho & The Big Show vs. Ric Flair & Bubba Ray Dudley
4. WWE Hardcore Title: Tommy Dreamer vs. Steven Richards
5. No.1 Contenders (Intercontinental Title): Rob Van Dam vs. Jeff Hardy
6. Christian, Lance Storm, Test & Triple H vs. Booker T, Goldust, The Rock & The Undertaker