• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (May 4, 1991) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1991, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Civic Auditorium in Omaha, Nebraska and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1991’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. The Rockers vs. Nasty Boys
2. Colonel Mustafa vs. W.T. Jones
3. Virgil vs. Tom Stone
4. The Berzerker vs. Dan Robbins
5. Bret Hart vs. Warren Bianchi
• AJ Styles Returns & Picks Up A Big Win On RAW, Explains Why He Lost The Boneyard Match At WrestleMania 36
On tonight’s episode of RAW, “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles returned during the Last Chance Gauntlet match and defeated Humberto Carrillo in the end to qualify for the Men’s Money In The Bank ladder match.
The commentators openly mentioned that Styles got buried alive by The Undertaker in the Boneyard Match at WrestleMania 36.
After the match, Styles said he lost the Boneyard match because it had no rules. Styles then vowed to win the Money In The Bank contract and won’t hold back from throwing someone off the top of the WWE HQ.
Below are the results for the Last Chance Gauntlet match:
– Bobby Lashley def. Titus O’Neil in the Last Chance Gauntlet Match
– Bobby Lashley def. Akira Tozawa in the Last Chance Gauntlet Match
– Bobby Lashley def. Shelton Benjamin in the Last Chance Gauntlet Match
– Humberto Carrillo def. Bobby Lashley via DQ in the Last Chance Gauntlet Match (Lashley continued his attack after the match and speared Carrillo)
– Humberto Carrillo def. Angel Garza in the Last Chance Gauntlet Match
– Humberto Carrillo def. Austin Theory in the Last Chance Gauntlet Match
– AJ Styles def. Humberto Carrillo to win the Last Chance Gauntlet Match to qualify for the Men’s Money In The Bank Ladder match (Styles continued his attack on Carrillo after the match and slammed his knee into the ring post multiple times)
WATCH: Lana Shows Off Her Bare Buns: