• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (May 27, 1990) – NWA Main Event
On this day in 1990, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘NWA Main Event’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW The Great American Bash 1990’ PPV.
The card can be found below:
– Brian Pillman vs. Bam Bam Bigelow (From Power Hour)
– Arn Anderson, Barry Windham & Sid Vicious Interview
– Samoan Swat Team Interview
– Mike Rotunda vs. Green Shadow
– Stan Hansen Interview
– Stan Hansen vs. Scott Sandlin
– “Mean” Mark Callous vs. Bob Morgan
– Ric Flair Interview
– Rock ‘n’ Roll Express Interview
– Rock ‘n’ Roll Express vs. Samoan Swat Team
• AJ Styles Says The Indies & Other Companies Shouldn’t Compete With WWE
During a recent interview with Newsweek, former 2 time WWE Champion “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles explained why the indies and other companies shouldn’t compete with WWE.
Below is what Styles said:
“As far as the indies and whatnot, I don’t think they should ever be competitive with the WWE. They should compete with themselves to make sure they get better everyday because there’s no competition, if you want me to be honest. WWE is globally huge. It’s unbelievable to know how big the WWE is. People don’t understand it.
If you want to succeed, don’t compete. Be something different, be the alternative. There’s a lot of people that have a good chance, but competition is always a great thing. I hope any company does well so they can be that competition. Competition will always make a better product.”