• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (June 15, 2000) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was pre-taped at the AllState Arena in Rosemont, Illinois and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF King of the Ring 2000’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. King Of The Ring – Qualifying Match: Edge vs. Brian Christopher
2. T & A vs. Dudley Boyz
3. King Of The Ring – Qualifying Match: Scott Taylor vs. D’Lo Brown
4. Kane vs. Chris Benoit
5. Edge & Christian vs. Dudley Boyz
6. Bull Buchanan vs. Chris Jericho
7. The Rock vs. Kurt Angle
• Aleister Black’s First Real Feud In WWE Revealed
Former NXT Champion Aleister Black wants someone to pick a fight with him on SmackDown and the man that’s going to pick a fight with him is 13 time WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Randy Orton.
According to The Dirty Sheets, Black’s first real feud in WWE is set to be against “The Viper”. They have faced each other at recent WWE Live Events as well and the match ended with Black defeated Orton with his finisher, Black Mass.
Prior to his feud with Orton, WWE officials have been discussing an idea of Black squashing Shinsuke Nakamura in a singles match on SmackDown.
Orton recently defeated “The Game” Triple H at WWE Super ShowDown 2019, but he’s scheduled to put Black over in this feud.