• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (June 15, 1998) – WCW MONDAY NITRO
On this day in 1998, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW MONDAY NITRO’.
It was broadcasted from the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, New York and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Bash at the Beach 1998’ PPV.
The card can be found here:
– Philly Street Fight: Public Enemy vs. Hugh Morrus & The Barbarian
– Chris Benoit vs. Fit Finlay
– Masahiro Chono & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. High Voltage
– Sting & Kevin Nash vs. Harlem Heat
– Steel Cage Match: Randy Savage vs. Diamond Dallas Page
– Disco Inferno & Alex Wright vs. Magnum Tokyo & CIMA
– Ultimo Dragon vs. Dean Malenko
– Chris Benoit & Steve McMichael vs. Harlem Heat
– Goldberg vs. Glacier
• Real Reason Why WWE Brought Goldberg Back
WWE Hall of Famer Goldberg made his return to in-ring action after over two years at WWE Super ShowDown 2019 and lost to The Undertaker in the main event.
According to The Dirty Sheets, the main reason WWE brought Goldberg back was because he was in talks with All Elite Wrestling.
It was also noted that WWE planned on doing 3 matches between The Undertaker & Goldberg in 2019 (tap here to know more) and Goldberg agreed to wrestle at 3 consecutive Saudi Arabia PPVs for $6 million and also have a match with Roman Reigns for the WWE Championship at one of those shows (tap here to know more).
Below is what Dirty Sheets’ source said about Goldberg’s WWE status:
“You’d think the plans would be done after that match at SSD, however, you would’ve noticed that Goldberg didn’t retire or say he was done after it. In fact, he indicated the exact opposite! He only spoke about retiring the pre-match head-butt ritual, meaning he fully intends to see more action in the future.
It’s also worth noting that the WWE mainly bought back Bill, because he was talking to AEW. So you’d assume that whatever they agreed with him, would be solidly locked in.
So while Taker may refuse to work with him again, he’s either gonna work with someone else, or get paid millions to sit on his a$$ and not go elsewhere- much like he did from 2001 to 2003.”