• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (June 15, 1991) – WCW Power Hour
On this day in 1991, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Power Hour’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW The Great American Bash 1991’ PPV.
The card can be found below:
– Young Pistols vs. Jim Boss & Doug Vines
– Great American Bash Control Center
– Stan Hansen vs. Jamie McKinnon
– Ricky Morton vs. Jeff Sword
– P.N. News vs. Buddy Lee Parker
– Johnny B. Badd & Teddy Long Interview (from Clash of the Champions)
– Bruise Cruise Commercial
– Great American Bash Rap by P.N. News
– Gordon Solie with WNN
– Desperados Promos #1 & #2
– Ric Flair, Nikita Koloff, One Man Gang & Barry Windham vs. Brian Pillman, Tommy Rich, El Gigante & P.N. News (P.N. News subs for Sting as Koloff attacked Sting in the aisle way before the match)
• Goldberg Agreed To Work 3 Saudi PPVs For $6 Million & Face Roman Reigns For WWE Title
WWE Hall of Famer Goldberg made his return to in-ring action after over two years at WWE Super ShowDown 2019 and lost to The Undertaker in the main event.
According to The Dirty Sheets, WWE was said to be “all in” on Goldberg’s return and Goldberg agreed to work three consecutive WWE PPVs in Saudi Arabia for a total amount of $6 million.
Goldberg’s next match in Saudi Arabia would’ve taken place at the October PPV, where he would have teamed up with “The Big Dog” Roman Reigns to take on the team of the “Best In The World” Shane McMahon and a partner of his choosing.
After this, the plan was to book a WWE Championship match between Goldberg & Roman Reigns at the May/June 2020 Saudi Arabia PPV (no word on who was planned to be the WWE Champion heading into this match).
These aren’t the only matches that Goldberg agreed to work. WWE officials planned on doing 3 matches between Goldberg & The Undertaker in 2019 (tap here to know more).
Also Read: Real Reason Why WWE Brought Goldberg Back