• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (June 24, 2001) – WWF King Of The Ring 2001
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on June 24th 2001, the WWF aired ‘King of the Ring 2001’ on PPV from the Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
This night also marks the WWF Debut of 5 time WCW World Heavyweight Champion Booker T, who interfered in the main event.
Match of the night was easily the street fight between Kurt Angle and Shane McMahon, a match that people still talk about today.
Here’s the full card including the results:
– Semi-Final match: Kurt Angle defeated Christian
– Semi-Final match: Edge defeated Rhyno
– WWF Tag Team Championship: The Dudley Boyz defeated Kane & Spike Dudley
– Final match: Edge defeated Kurt Angle
– WWF Light Heavyweight Championship: Jeff Hardy defeated X-Pac
– Street Fight: Kurt Angle defeated Shane McMahon
– WWF Championship: Steve Austin defeated Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho
• Alexa Bliss Reveals Why She Got Implants
In the WWE 365 documentary on Alexa Bliss on the WWE Network (which aired after last night’s WWE Stomping Grounds PPV), Alexa Bliss revealed that she got implants at the age of 17 to help her recover from her eating disorder.
Below is what Bliss said:
“There are studies that show that [implants can help] women recover from eating disorders because they feel more womanly and they feel better about their bodies and better about their self-image. I will never regret doing that for myself because it helped me get over my eating disorders and my body image issues.”
WATCH: Alexa Bliss’ Buns Exposed On SmackDown: