• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (January 7, 1989) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach, Florida and featured matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Royal Rumble 1989’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Demolition vs. Iron Mike Sharpe & Rusty Brooks
2. Ted DiBiase vs. Scott Casey
3. Jake Roberts vs. Pete Sanchez
4. The Big Bossman vs. Bill Mulkey
5. The Brain Busters vs. George South & Tim Horner
6. The Hart Foundation vs. Rhythm & Blues
• Another Hint Regarding Edge’s In-Ring Return In WWE
As we have noted multiple times before, WWE Hall of Famer Edge is slated to return to in-ring action after 9 years on the Road to WrestleMania 36.
Despite Edge turning down reports of his comeback, multiple sources have confirmed that a deal has been signed between WWE and Edge.
As a matter of fact, WWE has even begun planting seeds for his return.
On last week’s episode of RAW, Randy Orton talked about Edge being forced to retire in his promo while he was faking his knee injury.
According to Brad Shepard, this wasn’t a coincidence that Edge got mentioned in a promo right around the time his return is being planned:
“A source in WWE told me it wasn’t a coincidence that Randy Orton mentioned Edge’s name during a promo on RAW.”
Another hint regarding Edge’s in-ring return was given by PWInsider. PWInsider is reporting that Edge was spotted at several WWE TV tapings in recent weeks, which has begun even more speculation of Edge’s in-ring return being near, as soon as the Royal Rumble 2020 PPV.
We’ll keep you updated regarding this.
WATCH: Carmella’s Nip-Slip: