• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (October 26, 1991) – WCW Power Hour
On this day in 1991, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Power Hour’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Halloween Havoc 1991’ PPV.
The card can be found below:
– Rick Steiner vs. Lou Fabiano
– Michael Hayes vs. Larry Zbyszko (JIP)
– Larry Zbyszko vs. Jimmy Garvin
– Halloween Havoc Control Center
– TV Title Match: Steve Austin vs. Steve Armstrong
– The Patriots vs. Rip Rogers & Paul Lee
– Madusa vs. Leilani Kai (JIP)
– Van Hammer Music Video
– Terry Taylor & Tommy Rich vs. Brian Pillman & Mike Graham
• Another Reason Behind Shawn Michaels Coming Out Of Retirement (Other Than Big Money Offer)
As we have noted before, WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels is coming out of retirement at WWE Crown Jewel PPV because he is being offered insane money.
As we reported via the Dirty Sheets, HBK is being paid $3 million for his tag team bout at WWE Crown Jewel PPV.
According to Bryan Alvarez of the Wrestling Observer, another reason (other than money) behind HBK coming out of retirement is to do a favor on Triple H, as HBK will have a big role in WWE backstage once Triple H takes over the company from Vince McMahon down the line.
Current plan is for HBK to compete in multiple matches (including a match at next year’s WrestleMania 35 as well).