• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (January 20, 2000) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was pre-taped at the Providence Civic Center in Providence, Rhode Island and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Royal Rumble 2000’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. X-Pac vs. Test
2. Al Snow & Steve Blackman vs. Kurt Angle & The British Bulldog
3. Matt Hardy vs. D-Von Dudley
4. Rikishi Phatu & Too Cool vs. Chris Jericho, Chyna & Hardcore Holly
5. Prince Albert vs. The Big Boss Man
6. Viscera vs. Crash Holly
7. Gangrel vs. Edge
8. Over The Top Rope – Lumberjack Match: Kane vs. Big Show & The Rock
• Another WWF Veteran Likely Missing WrestleMania 36
As we noted before, The Undertaker is set to make his in-ring comeback at next month’s Saudi Arabia pay-per-view on February 27.
However, just like last year, The Undertaker is currently NOT scheduled to work WrestleMania 36.
Another WWF Veteran that will most likely miss WrestleMania 36 is Jeff Hardy.
Jeff is currently out of action with an injury and is also dealing with legal issues because of a DUI arrest.
WWE wants Jeff to address his health and deal with his legal issues, and then only they’ll think about his return.
According to PWInsider, Jeff’s next court date regarding his DUI arrest is April 6th, which is one day after WrestleMania 36.
This likely means Jeff is going to miss the Show of Shows, even if he gets cleared to return from injury before that date.
WATCH: Super Hot Footage Of Charlotte Flair Grabbing Bayley’s Buns: