• Authors Of Pain’s New Wrestling Promotion Cancel Their Debut Show – Statement Issued Regarding Nia Jax’s Comments
Former WWE RAW Tag Team Champions Authors Of Pain (now known as Legion Of Pain) have started their own promotion – Wrestling Entertainment Series (WES).
Their first pay-per-view was scheduled to take place on June 4th at the Motorpoint Arena in Nottingham, England, but got postponed to July 9th.
Below is the original match-card that was announced for this show (WWE names of wrestlers are also written, in case you don’t know their real/new names):
– WES World Championship Match: Adam “The Titan” Scherr (Braun Strowman) vs. Alistair Overeem
– WES Women’s World Championship Match: Lina Fanene (Nia Jax) vs. C.J. Perry (Lana)
– WES World Tag Team Championship Match: Legion Of Pain (Authors Of Pain) vs. Blake & Maclin
– Killer Kross (Karrion Kross) vs. Samuray Del Sol (Kalisto) vs. Jonah (Bronson Reed)
– WES Women’s World Tag Team Championship Match: Madison Rayne & Tenille Dashwood (Emma) vs. Deonna Purrazzo & Chelsea Green
– Dean Muhtadi (Mojo Rawley) vs. Lince Dorado
– Mike Bennett (Mike Kanellis) vs. Biff Busick (Oney Lorcan) [Pre-Show]
– Dirty Dango (Fandango) vs. Levis Valenzuela Jr. (No Way Jose) [Pre-Show]
Nia Jax pulled out from this event and didn’t like that she was still being advertised on the poster for this event.
This led to Nia tweeting the following:
“I do not know why I am still on this poster, but I will REPEAT myself again…I will NOT be at the show.
Please do not buy a ticket thinking you will see me perform or get a chance to meet me. I hate that this misleads people!”
I do not know why I am still on this poster, but I will REPEAT myself again…I will NOT be at the show. Please do not buy a ticket thinking you will see me perform or get a chance to meet me. I hate that this misleads people! https://t.co/4yTAhHeWbX
— Lina Fanene (@LinaFanene) July 3, 2022
WES has now announced on Twitter that this event has been canceled due to so many wrestlers pulling out.
They issued a statement where they also addressed Nia Jax’s comments. You can read it below:
“Unfortunately we will have to cancel the event scheduled for this Saturday at the Motorpoint Arena in Nottingham, England.
We are deeply disappointed in the news that we have to share but with so many talent not showing up we will have no choice then to cancel the event.
Our team worked so hard on this event day in and day out for the fans to come with a different type of wrestling event and believe that we still will be able to show that in the near future.
We do want to say that all our talent that was scheduled have been paid in full and that Lina Fanene was paid, her deposit as well while she changed her mind and did not want to show up and wrestle anymore.
For now we will have to apologize for this, but we promise that it will not end here.
Everyone who purchased a ticket or pre ordered the PPV will be refunded in full.”
WATCH: Nia Jax, Lana & Paige’s Sexy Dance Practice:
• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (July 6, 1991) – WCW PRO Wrestling
On this day in 1991, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW PRO Wrestling’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW The Great American Bash 1991’ PPV.
The card can be found below:
Steve Austin vs. Kerry Booth
Terrence Taylor, Richard Morton & Mr. Hughes vs. Larry Santo, Jim Boss & Greg Sawyer
Hardliners vs. Pat Rose & Eddie Desmond
One Man Gang vs. John Peterson
Big Josh & Tom Zenk vs. Mark Kyle & Tim Frye
Diamond Studd vs. Scotty Williams
Bobby Eaton vs. Allen Martin