• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (January 28, 1989) – NWA World Wide
On this day in 1989, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘NWA World Wide’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Chi-Town Rumble 1989’ PPV.
The card can be found below:
– Clip: Eddie Gilbert & Kendal Windham vs. JJ Dillon & Barry Windham
– The Midnight Express vs. Mike Justice & Mike Jackson
– Interview: Jim Cornette & The Midnight Express
– Interview: Barry Windham & JJ Dillon
– Barry Windham/Kendall Windham vs. Tim Holiday & Scrub
– Butch Reed vs. Max MacGyver
– Interview: Butch Reed & JJ Dillon
– Michael Hayes & The Junkyard Dog vs. Russian Assassins
– Interview: Michael Hayes & The Junkyard Dog
– Kevin Sullivan & Mike Rotunda vs. Eddie Swift & Scrub
– Interview: Kevin Sullivan & Mike Rotunda
– Interview: Ric Flair
– Al Perez vs. Agent Steel
• Backstage News On What Brock Lesnar Told Matt Riddle At Royal Rumble 2020
As we noted before, ProWrestlingSheet reported that WWE Champion Brock Lesnar and NXT wrestler Matt Riddle were involved in a backstage confrontation at Royal Rumble 2020 pay-per-view:
“Details are scarce at this time, but sources tell us Lesnar and Riddle passed each other while walking backstage and a tense encounter ensued.
One source says Brock saw Matt and wanted him to know the reality of the situation between them.”
Fightful then noted that Lesnar just wanted to tell Riddle that “he’s not the one to f*ck with”:
“One person noted that Lesnar was the ‘wrong one to fuck with,’ and that Lesnar simply communicated his issues, saying ‘he was spoken to by Brock and he understood’.”
For those who don’t know, Riddle has said in multiple interviews that he wants to retire Lesnar.
In an update to this, Talk Sport revealed what Lesnar said to Riddle backstage at Royal Rumble 2020:
“According to a WWE official, Lesnar is said to have approached Riddle backstage and grabbed his shoulder to get his attention.
Then, Lesnar said: ‘Kid, you might as well stop saying my name and tagging me in sh*t because you and I will never work together. Ever.'”
WATCH: Liv Morgan’s Butt Exposed On RAW: