• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (March 21, 1987) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1987, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Hara Arena in Dayton, Ohio and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania III’ PPV.
Here is the card:
1. Iron Sheik vs. Hacksaw Jim Duggan
2. Don Muraco & Bob Orton Jr. vs. Corporal Kirschner & Mario Mancini
3. Adrian Adonis vs. Jim Young
4. British Bulldogs & Tito Santana vs. Steve Lombardi & Al Navarro & Rick Renslow
5. Piper’s Pit w/ Jack Tunney
6. The Honky Tonk Man vs. Lanny Poffo
• Backstage News On WWE Wrestlers’ Reaction To WrestleMania 36 Taking Place In Front Of Zero Fans
WrestleMania 36 will take place in front of zero fans from the WWE Performance Center and some other venues due to the coronavirus pandemic.
According to Tom Colohue, WWE wrestlers aren’t happy about the current situation surrounding the biggest show of the year:
“Negative, I got to say, there was certainly a lot of understanding because it’s very hard for anyone in that locker room or in fact any one of us acting as pundits to come in and say, ‘this would have been better or this would have been better.’
Their objective here was safeguarding as many people as possible. Nearly a 100,000 people would have been at that show, so there is certainly understanding, but the performers unfortunately simply aren’t happy with the situation.
It was a bit of a shock decision to them, and there are also some people, either it’s their first WrestleMania or their first WrestleMania back, and it’s not what they were dreaming of, it’s not what they were hoping for and to have such a big event, of all the events that it could happen, WrestleMania, the biggest event of the year, people are quite understandably upset about this decision.”
WATCH: AJ Lee’s Wardrobe Malfunction In WWE: