• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (June 16, 1996) – WCW The Great American Bash 1996
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on June 16, 1996, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘WCW The Great American Bash 1996’ LIVE on PPV from the Baltimore Arena in Baltimore, Maryland.
This was the 10th edition of WCW’s annual The Great American Bash events, although the 1986 & 1987 Great American Bash events were actually tours of several shows with the best matches making it to the VHS’, that made them being presented like 1 big event in both years, eventho they weren’t.
There was no Great American Bash in 1993 & 1994, but after WCW was sold to the World Wrestling Federation in 2001, Vince McMahon brought the pay-per-view back in 2004 under the WWE banner.
Below are the results from that night:
– The Steiner Brothers defeated Fire and Ice
– WCW United States Heavyweight Championship: Konnan (c) defeated El Gato
– Diamond Dallas Page defeated Marcus Alexander Bagwell
– WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Dean Malenko (c) defeated Rey Mysterio Jr.
– John Tenta defeated Big Bubba Rogers
– Falls Count Anywhere: Chris Benoit defeated Kevin Sullivan
– Sting defeated Lord Steven Regal
– Ric Flair & Arn Anderson defeated Kevin Greene & Steve McMichael
– WCW World Heavyweight Championship: The Giant (c) defeated Lex Luger
• Backstage Reaction Of WWE Wrestlers For Undertaker vs. Goldberg Match Revealed
At WWE Super ShowDown 2019, The Undertaker defeated Goldberg in the main event after delivering a Chokeslam.
The last minute of the match didn’t go according to plan as Goldberg suffered a concussion during the match.
According to Fightful, some WWE wrestlers watching the match backstage were concerned for the physical well-being of the two legends in the ring, while some were laughing at the match not going according to plan.
Also, most of the WWE wrestlers thought that Goldberg’s decision to smash his head into a door before the match (during his entrance) was dumb.