According to the Wrestling Observer, the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship match for AEW x NJPW: Forbidden Door 2023 could be announced on tonight’s AEW Dynamite:
“I expect there are some new, you know, there are some new Japan wrestlers like KENTA, who are in the country who could be on the show Wednesday.
But almost all the big guns, Tanahashi, Okada, Sanada, you know Tetsuya Naito, all those guys, are all working in Japan this week, so none of those guys would be available to work to show up as a surprise on Dynamite.
There is a hint. I know that, you know, I was just watching the All Together Again show and the announcers basically made a comment about Sanada and Wednesday’s Dynamite show.
So he may have a taped interview and the Sanada match on the Forbidden Door show. Sounds like it’s going to be revealed on Wednesday night.
I don’t know, I mean, that’s basically the hints that were given on the New Japan broadcast on Friday.”
Sanada is the current IWGP World Heavyweight Champion in New Japan Pro Wrestling.
At last year’s Forbidden Door PPV, Jay White defeated “Hangman” Adam Page, Kazuchika Okada & Adam Cole in a Fatal 4-Way match to retain the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship.
Below is what card for tonight’s Dynamite:
– AEW World Champion MJF vs. Adam Cole in a Title Eliminator Match
– Wardlow (c) vs. Jake Hager for the TNT Championship
– Sting, Darby Allin, AEW International Champion Orange Cassidy & Keith Lee vs. Mogul Embassy
– Toni Storm (c) vs. Skye Blue
– Blackpool Combat Club (Jon Moxley, ROH World Champion Claudio Castagnoli & Wheeler Yuta) vs. The Elite (“Hangman” Adam Page & The Young Bucks)
WATCH: Super Hot Video Of Former WWE Diva Maria Kanellis’ Knockers Being Groped: