WWE News

On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (June 11, 2000) – Goldberg Turned Heel

17 years ago today on June 11, 2000, ‘WCW The Great American Bash 2000’ aired on PPV, an event that featured Bill Goldberg turning heel.

Needless to say it was one of Vince Russo’s countless bad booking ideas, since he was single-handedly responsible for the WCW booking at that time, a situation that turned out to be a HUGE mistake, since there was no Vince McMahon, who would reject around 80% of Russo’s ideas and only use the remaining 20% of them.

In WCW at that time 100% of Russo’s booking ideas were used as there was no one telling him what would be a good idea and what would be a horrible idea. Goldberg turning heel being one of the latter ones … OBVIOUSLY!

Here’re the results from that PPV:

WCW Cruiserweight Championship
Lt. Loco def. Disqo

#1 Contenders match
KroniK def. The Mamalukes

Ambulance match
Mike Awesome def. Diamond Dallas Page

Boot Camp match
GI Bro def. Shawn Stasiak

Best of 5 Tables match
Shane Douglas def. The Wall

Handicap Asylum match
Scott Steiner def. Rick Steiner & Tank Abbott

Hollywood Hulk Hogan def. Billy Kidman

Ric Flair def. David Flair

Human Torch match
Vampiro def. Sting

WCW World Heavyweight Championship
Jeff Jarrett def. Kevin Nash

Goldberg Turns HEEL (WCW Great American Bash 2000) von OldSchoolWrestling

To Top