• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (March 27, 1988) – WWF WrestleMania 4
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on March 27, 1988, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘WrestleMania IV’ LIVE on PPV from the “Trump Plaza” Historic Atlantic City Convention Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
The 4th annual WrestleMania event featured a fourteen man single elimination tournament with the winner becoming the undisputed WWF World Heavyweight Champion.
The final match saw “The Macho Man” Randy Savage (with Hulk Hogan & Miss Elizabeth in his corner) taking on “The Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase (with André The Giant & Virgil in his corner).
Here are the PPV results:
– Bad News Brown won a Battle Royal
– First round: Ted DiBiase defeated Jim Duggan
– First round: Don Muraco defeated Dino Bravo via DQ
– First round: Greg Valentine defeated Ricky Steamboat
– First round: Randy Savage defeated Butch Reed
– First round: One Man Gang defeated Bam Bam Bigelow via countout
– First round: Jake Roberts wrestled Rick Rude to a time-limit draw
– The Ultimate Warrior defeated Hercules
– Quarter-final: André the Giant wrestled Hulk Hogan to a double-DQ
– Quarter-final: Ted DiBiase defeated Don Muraco
– Quarter-final: Randy Savage defeated Greg Valentine
– WWF Intercontinental Championship: Brutus Beefcake defeated The Honky Tonk Man (c) via DQ
– The Islanders & Bobby Heenan defeated The British Bulldogs & Koko B. Ware
– Semi-final: Randy Savage defeated One Man Gang via DQ
– WWF Tag Team Championship: Demolition defeated Strike Force (c)
– Tournament final – vacant WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Savage defeated Ted DiBiase
• Big Update On Becky Lynch’s WWE Status
According to Pro Wrestling Sheet, Women’s Royal Rumble 2019 winner Becky Lynch was offered a new multi-year WWE deal earlier this month and she’s expected to sign it soon.
Speaking of Becky, we noted earlier via The Dirty Sheets that Becky is now the #1 merchandise seller in WWE for the first quarter of 2019.
She beat names like Roman Reigns & AJ Styles to claim the #1 spot.