• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (March 27, 1988) – NWA Clash Of The Champions 1
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on March 27, 1988, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘NWA Clash Of The Champions’ LIVE on TBS from the Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina.
The inaugural Clash of the Champions was done to air on free TV, directly against the WWF WrestleMania IV pay-per-view.
It was the first out of 35 NWA/WCW Clash of the Champions events that all aired on TBS between 1988 and 1997.
The results from that night:
– Mike Rotunda defeated Jimmy Garvin
– NWA United States Tag Team Championship: The Midnight Express (c) (with Jim Cornette) defeated The Fantastics via DQ
– Barbed Wire: The Road Warriors & Dusty Rhodes defeated The Powers of Pain & Ivan Koloff
– NWA World Tag Team Championship: Lex Luger & Barry Windham defeated Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (c)
– NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Ric Flair (c) wrestled Sting to a time-limit-draw
• WWE Reportedly Planning To Unify RAW & SmackDown Women’s Titles
According to Slice Wrestling, WWE officials are planning to unify the RAW & SmackDown Women’s Titles soon.
This is being done due to the fact that less women are now available for singles feud since the arrival of the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles, so it’ll be better to have one Women’s Champion and one Women’s Tag Team Champion for both RAW & SmackDown Women’s Division.
As seen on last night’s episode of SmackDown, Charlotte Flair defeated Asuka to capture the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
Right now, the WrestleMania 35 main event is still for the RAW Women’s Championship and the SmackDown Women’s Title isn’t on the line, but that can obviously change as we have one more week on TV before WrestleMania 35.
Please download our WrestleFeed app for more important news regarding WWE & WrestleMania 35!
Below are the download links for our app:
Android – http://bit.ly/2IVQ3yU
iOS – https://apple.co/2Oido0R