• Braun Strowman Will Face Former WWE Wrestler In His 1st Match After Release
Former Universal Champion Braun Strowman was released from WWE on June 2, and now his 90-day non-compete clause is over.
In his 1st match since his release, he will face former WWE wrestler EC3 at “Free The Narrative II: The Monster In Us All” event on October 1.
— Adam Scherr (@Adamscherr99) September 1, 2021
Below is the description for EC3’s Free The Narrative events:
“A series that tells original and personal stories with some of professional wrestling’s biggest names, and those yet known.
‘Free The Narrative’ is completely independent of any wrestling promotion. Set to an original score, FTN blends professional wrestling, cinema, and harsh reality in what will become the true definition of ‘creative freedom’ for an industry that desperately needs it, and any performer that truly seeks it.
To #ControlYourNarrative is to ‘Tell Your Story.’ In ‘Free The Narrative’ those stories are told.”
WATCH: Tay Conti Has The Best Tushy In AEW:
• On This Day In WWF History (September 2, 1989) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Oakland Coliseum in Oakland, California and featured matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 1989’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
1. The Bushwhackers vs. Don Stevens & Pete Ketchum
2. Bad News Brown vs. Jim Gorman
3. King Duggan vs. Hank Morgan
4. Fabulous Rougeaus vs. David Bertoch & Jim Evans
5. Ronnie Garvin vs. The Intruder
6. Jimmy Snuka vs. Mike Luca
7. Haku vs. Riki Ataki