• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (April 30, 1995) – WWF Action Zone 1995
On this day in 1995, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Action Zone’.
This episode featured matches, highlight videos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF In Your House’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
– Highlights Of Diesel vs. Bam Bam Bigelow’s WWF Title Match (From Raw)
– Promo By Jeff Jarrett & The Roadie
– Promo By Bob Holly
– Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Buck Zumhoffe
– In Your House Report
– The Smoking Gunns vs. Tom Stone/Dave Sigfrid
– Bob Backlund On Spring Break Vignette
– Jeff Jarrett vs. Bob Holly (WWF Intercontinental Title Match)
– Doink The clown vs. Barry Horowitz
– A Vignette On The New WWF Generation
– Tatanka vs. Sonny Rogers
– Interview w/ Jeff Jarrett And Bob Holly
• BREAKING NEWS: Former Intercontinental Champion Released From WWE
WWE has been releasing employees over the past 2 weeks to make budget cuts due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.
The latest wrestler to be released is former Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel. He’s the son of late WWF Legend “Mr. Perfect” Curt Hennig.
WWE has come to terms on the release of Curtis Axel.
WWE wishes him all the best in his future endeavors.
— WWE (@WWE) April 30, 2020
Below is what WWE posted:
“WWE has come to terms on the release of Curtis Axel.
We wish him all the best in his future endeavors.”
Earlier this week, WWE Hall of Famer Gerald Brisco was furloughed and Cain Velasquez was released as well.
WATCH: Hot Valet From New Japan Pro Wrestling Shows Off Her Buns: