• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (January 27, 1986) – WWF Prime Time Wrestling
On this day in 1986, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Prime Time Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, studio interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania II’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Mr. Fuji vs. SD Jones (4/25/83; Madison Square Garden)
– Iron Mike Sharpe vs. Johnny Rodz (4/25/83; Madison Square Garden)
– Danny Spivey & Lanny Poffo vs. AJ Petruzzi & Moondog Spot (1/13/86; Brantford, Ontario)
– WWF Tag Team Champions Nikolai Volkoff & the Iron Sheik vs. Barry Windham & Mike Rotundo (6/22/85; Boston Garden)
– WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan vs. Brutus Beefcake (8/17/85; Capital Centre)
• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (January 27, 1996) – WCW Saturday Night
On this day in 1996, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Saturday Night’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW SuperBrawl VI’ PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
1. Sting & Lex Luger vs. Barrio Brothers
2. Joey Maggs vs. VK Wallstreet
3. Diamond Dallas Page vs. Steve Armstrong
4. Lord Steven Regal vs. Dusty Wolf
5. Johnny B. Badd vs. Meng
• BREAKING NEWS: United States Champion Andrade Suspended From WWE
According to ProWrestlingSheet, current United States Champion Andrade has been suspended for 30 days from WWE due to his 1st violation of the WWE Wellness Policy:
“Sources tell us Andrade – real name Manuel Oropeza – was told of the suspension this morning. It’s unclear what substance he tested positive for at this time.”
As seen on tonight’s RAW, Andrade defended his US Title against Humberto Carrillo and retained the Title via DQ.
After the match, Carrillo DDTed Andrade on the concrete floor and this was done to write Andrade off WWE programming for 30 days (similar to how Roman Reigns destroyed Robert Roode a while back, so that WWE could write him off TV because he was also suspended for Wellness Policy Violation).
WATCH: We Bet You’ve Never Seen Carmella In This Outfit Before: