• BREAKING NEWS: WWE Champion Drew McIntyre Tests Positive For COVID-19
WWE has announced that WWE Champion Drew McIntyre has tested positive for the Coronavirus.
Below is the statement issued by WWE:
“Drew McIntyre has tested positive for COVID-19 and has been placed in quarantine.”
Drew McIntyre has tested positive for COVID-19 and has been placed in quarantine. https://t.co/xgubbWEupk
— WWE (@WWE) January 11, 2021
McIntyre was set to face Randy Orton on tonight’s episode of RAW, but that match won’t be taking place now due to McIntyre’s COVID-19 test coming back positive.
It’s likely that The Chosen One will miss the next 2-3 episodes of RAW, which means he won’t be a part of the remaining build up to the Royal Rumble.
It’s unknown if he’ll compete against Goldberg at the Royal Rumble, but he’ll be out from quarantine by then. However, the status of the match depends on McIntyre’s health.
WWF Old School/WrestleFeed wishes Drew McIntyre a speedy recovery in his battle with COVID-19.
WATCH: Brock Lesnar Tells Drew McIntyre To Pick Up The Belt:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (January 11, 1987) – WWF Maple Leaf Gardens House Show
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on January 11, 1987, the World Wrestling Federation held a televised house show in the Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto, Ontario (Canada).
Here are the results from that night:
– Jose Luis Rivera vs. Terry Gibbs (Prime Time Wrestling – 2/23/87)
– Don Muraco vs. Koko B. Ware (Prime Time Wrestling – 1/26/87)
– Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake vs. Mike Rotundo & Danny Spivey (Prime Time Wrestling – 1/26/87)
– George Steele vs. Johnny V (Prime Time Wrestling – 5/4/87)
– Dino Bravo vs. Scott McGhee (Prime Time Wrestling – 1/26/87)
– Jake The Snake Roberts vs. King Kong Bundy
– Paul Roma vs. Barry O (Prime Time Wrestling – 1/26/87)
– Davey Boy Smith & The Junkyard Dog (sub. for Dynamite Kid) vs. Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart (Prime Time Wrestling – 1/26/87)
– Hulk Hogan vs. Kamala