• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (November 23, 1997) – WCW World War 3 1997
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on November 23, 1997, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘WCW World War 3 1997’ LIVE on PPV from the The Palace of Auburn Hills in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
This was the 3rd one out of only 4 annual ‘WCW World War 3’ pay-per-views that aired between 1995 and 1998.
The tagline of the event was ” 60 Warriors 3 Rings 1 Survivor, You Do The Math.”.
The results are here:
– The Faces of Fear defeated Glacier & Ernest Miller
– WCW World Television Championship: Perry Saturn (c) defeated Disco Inferno
– Yuji Nagata defeated Último Dragón
– WCW World Tag Team Championship: The Steiner Brothers (c) defeated The Blue Bloods
– Raven’s Rules: Raven defeated Scotty Riggs
– Steve McMichael defeated Alex Wright
– WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Eddie Guerrero (c) defeated Rey Misterio Jr.
– No DQ – WCW United States Heavyweight Championship: Curt Hennig (c) defeated Ric Flair
– Scott Hall won the 60-Man World War 3 Battle Royal
WATCH: Indy Wrestler Falls Off The Top Of A Steel Cage On To The Floor:
• Brock Lesnar’s WrestleMania 35 Storyline To Involve Roman Reigns’ Illness – New Rumored Opponent For Lesnar
As seen on this week’s episode of RAW, Dean Ambrose made a negative comment regarding Roman Reigns dealing with Leukemia to draw heat.
It looks like Reigns’ illness being used in storylines is set to continue as Wrestling Observer is reporting that Universal Champion Brock Lesnar’s WrestleMania 35 storyline is set to be based on Reigns’ illness.
With that being said, Lesnar’s new rumored opponent for WrestleMania 35 is Reigns’ closest brother in WWE – Seth Rollins (who’s currently the Intercontinental Champion).
These changes in plans come after Wrestling Observer noted that Vince McMahon is in a mood to shake things up by changing the plans in a big way.
We’ll keep you updated regarding this.