• Catering Numbers For WrestleMania III (1987) Revealed
The WWF WrestleMania III pay-per-view took place on March 29, 1987 at the Pontiac Silverdome in Pontiac, Michigan in front of 93,173 fans.
The event with the tagline ‘Bigger! Better! Badder!’ featured ‘The Immortal’ Hulk Hogan defending his WWF World Heavyweight Championship against André The Giant, who for the first time in his career had turned heel a few months earlier.
According to André The Giant historian Chris Owens, whom many of you will remember from last year’s ‘WWE Most Wanted Treasures’ A&E TV series, the Silverdome had a contract with Elias Bros, who employed 2,500 workers to provide the concessions inside the venue during WrestleMania III.
Here’s a list of what the Elias Bros allegedly had prepared for the night:
– 76,000 hot sandwiches
– 7,000 slices of pizza
– 13,000 orders of nachos
– 25,000 orders of popcorn
– 3,000 gallons of soft drinks
– 15,000 gallons of beer (which equals about 160,000 cans of beer)
WATCH: The Iron Sheik Hated Andre The Giant
• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (September 9, 1999) – WCW Thunder
On this day in 1999, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Thunder’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Wendler Arena in Saginaw, Michigan and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Fall Brawl 1999’ PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
– Buff Bagwell vs. The Barbarian
– Van Hammer vs. Blitzkrieg
– The Revolution vs. Chris Adams & Dave Taylor & Steven Regal
– Kaz Hayashi vs. Lodi
– Sid Vicious vs. Adrian Byrd & Bobby Blaze
– Booker T vs. Barry Windham
– WCW TV Title: Dean Malenko vs. Rick Steiner
– Goldberg vs. Bam Bam Bigelow