• Former WWF/WCW Champion Sided With Triple H During The WWE/CM Punk Dispute
Former 2-time AEW World Champion CM Punk wrestled for WWE from 2006 until he refused to show up anymore in early 2014, which led to him being suspended immediately and later officially fired in June 2014.
On the latest episode of his weekly ‘To Be The Man’ podcast, WCW/WWF Legend Ric Flair spoke about the recent controversy surrounding Punk in AEW, and revealed that he always sided with his friend Triple H & WWE in that 2014 dispute.
Here’s what The Nature Boy had to say:
“No, [CM Punk] only just barely got to say hi. That funny? I never understood it.
I was long gone when all the bad blood seemed to appear between him and Hunter after that and the lawsuit with the doctor and all that. I wasn’t aware of it, I just saw, of course, like everybody else on social media.
I always sided with Hunter because I didn’t know the other guy.”
WATCH: Trish Stratus Strips Down To Red Lingerie (Part 1):
• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (September 9, 1990) – NWA Main Event
On this day in 1990, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘NWA Main Event’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Halloween Havoc 1990’ PPV.
The card can be found below:
– Mean Mark Callous vs. Tim Parker
– Terry Taylor vs. Joe Cazana
– The Danger Zone w/Black Scorpion & Sting
– Sid Vicious vs. Dave Diamond
– Allen Iron Eagle vs. Pat Rose
– The Fab. Freebirds vs. Tim Parker & Scott Williams
– Lex Luger vs. Barry Windham