• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (January 15, 1984) – WWF Wrestling At The Chase
On this day in 1984, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling At The Chase’.
The ‘Wrestling at the Chase’ TV show was originally associated with the ‘St. Louis Wrestling Club’ NWA territory, so they featured the NWA Wrestling Superstars, but in the fall of 1983, the TV station KPLR-TV (Channel 11) ended the relationship with the National Wrestling Alliance and started to negotiate a deal with the World Wrestling Federation, the promotion that ended up taking over the famous TV show.
This episode was pre-taped in St. Louis, Missouri and featured matches & interviews on the road to the first ever WrestleMania event.
You can find the card below:
– David Schultz vs. Jimmy Jackson
– Ivan Putski vs. Dennis Stamp
– Jimmy Snuka vs. Eddie Carson
– Mil Mascaras vs. Ken Jugan
– Big John Studd vs. James Burke/Rob Chaney
– Mr. Fuji vs. Kevin Collins
• Chris Benoit Considered Retiring In 2006 To Become A WWE Producer
During a recent interview with Chris Van Vliet, David Benoit (son of Chris Benoit from his first marriage) revealed that his father was considering retiring from in-ring competition in 2006 and then becoming a backstage producer in WWE.
Benoit considered WWE’s offer for a Producer job at first, but then turned it down and remained a wrestler.
Below is what David said:
“He was thinking about [retiring]. I’m pretty sure he was. I wanted him to, f*ck. He did everything, man. He had nothing left to prove.
All the boys respected him, office respected him. He loved WWE. He wouldn’t take sh*t from nobody.”