• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (January 14, 1995) – WCW Saturday Night
On this day in 1995, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Saturday Night’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW SuperBrawl V’ PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
– “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan vs. George South
– “Dirty” Dick Slater & Bunkhouse Buck vs. Mike Khoury & Gary Jackson
– Sting vs. Mark Kyle
– “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton vs. “No 1 Hulkamaniac” Dave Sullivan
– “Natural” Dustin Rhodes vs. Carl Fergie
– Avalanche & Kevin Sullivan vs. Al Phillips & Rob Morgan
– Stars & Stripes vs. Harlem Heat
• Chris Benoit’s Son Reveals How He Felt After The News Of His Father’s Death
During a recent interview with Chris Van Vliet, David Benoit, Chris Benoit’s son from his first marriage, talked about his reaction when he heard the news of his father’s death in 2007.
Below is what David said:
“The news was f*cking non-stop. It was either about steroids, steroids, steroids, or that Nancy Grace joke, it was terrible man. I couldn’t even walk around. I didn’t go/finish school. I was 14 or 15. I didn’t finish my finals. I finished high school, but just not that year.
That wasn’t him man. He would never do that. I know he wouldn’t. I think something went terribly wrong. The doctor said he had CTE. At the beginning, that somewhat gave me closure. He had CTE, so I don’t think that was him.
I thought it was a joke when I first found out. I was in Edmonton doing a fundraising thing with my sister. My mom got a call from RCMP telling her to come down (to Georgia). My mom told me.
My grandfather went down (to Georgia). He was in control of it. My mom couldn’t do it because she had to take care of me and my sister. He was in control of the estate and the lawyers.
I punched a cop. I punched him right in the chest. I thought it was a joke, I really did. I just didn’t believe it bro. I think the day it really hit me was at his funeral, that was a hard day. I laid him to rest.”
Also Read: Documentary On Chris Benoit Coming Soon