• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (August 16, 2000) – WCW Thunder
On this day in 2000, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Thunder’ on TBS.
This episode was pre-taped at the Riverside Coliseum in Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Fall Brawl 2000’ PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
1. Kronik vs. 4 Jobber
2. WCW World Tag Titles: Rey Mysterio Jr. & Juventud Guerrera vs. Mark Jindrak & Sean O’ Haire
3. The Great Muta vs. The Demon
4. Lance Storm & Carl Oulette & Elix Skipper vs. Gen. Rection & Cpl. Cajun & Lt. Loco
5. WCW US Title: Ernest Miller vs. Lance Storm
6. Street Fight: Gene Okerlund vs. Mark Madden
7. Big Vito vs. Pierre Carl Oulette
• Chris Jericho On Why The Rock vs. Shawn Michaels Never Happened
As we noted earlier, two time WWE Hall Of Famer Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart revealed on his podcast last week that Triple H and Shawn Michaels used to bully The Rock backstage during his early WWF days.
Old School WWF Legend Chris Jericho was asked about this on his Saturday Night Live on Facebook, and he confirmed the story. He also revealed why Michaels and Rock never went head-to-head in a match.
“As far as I know, that’s true, from what The Rock told me. That’s the reason why The Rock and Shawn Michaels never worked a match. I think Shawn might have insulted The Rock when he was a kid, in Hawaii.”
WATCH: Non-PG Video Of Rob Van Dam’s Girlfriend In Impact Wrestling:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.