• ON THIS DAY IN PRO WRESTLING HISTORY (FEBRUARY 21, 1998) – ECW CYBERSLAM 1998
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on February 21, 1998, ECW promoted ‘ECW CyberSlam 1998’ at the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Out of all annual ECW CyberSlam events, this is the only one that made it to pay-per-view.
The results can be found here:
– Jerry Lynn defeated Danny Doring
– Al Snow defeated Tracy Smothers
– Chris Chetti defeated Doug Furnas
– Lance Storm defeated Chris Candido
– ECW World Television Championship: Taz (c) defeated Brakkus
– First Blood: Justin Credible defeated Tommy Dreamer
– The Hardcore Chair Swingin’ Freaks & The Sandman defeated Spike Dudley & The Gangstanators & The Dudleys
– Shane Douglas & Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Rob Van Dam & Sabu
WATCH: Former WWE Diva Kelly Kelly Slaps Her Own $exy Bum:
• Comedy Actor Recalls Getting Hurt On RAW During Segment With John Cena – Says Cena Absolutely Sucks
During his Netflix show, comedy actor Ken Jeong recalled being a guest host of RAW and getting hurt during a segment with 16 time WWE World Heavyweight Champion John Cena.
Below is what Ken said:
“I hosted WWE RAW with John Cena years ago.
WWE asked me to host it. They were like, ‘do you want to do this?’ I’m like, ‘yeah, I’m an actor – acting is fake, wrestling is fake…what could go wrong, right?’ And on the day of (the show), John Cena lifts me up for a bodyslam, throws me over the top rope, and the 5 motherf***ers who were supposed to catch me didn’t!
Wrestling is f***ing real! He throws me over the top rope, I hit the concrete, my head hits the wooden plank. You can hear the sound of my head hitting the plank. I had to call Tran (his wife) after RAW went off the air to assure her that I was okay. My whole point is John Cena absolutely sucks. He really does. I’m just saying.”
You can watch this segment below: