• Conor McGregor Issues First Statement After UFC 264 Loss
The Trilogy fight between Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier only lasted 1 round last night at UFC 264, as Conor’s leg broke right at the end of the first round.
This resulted in Dustin earning the victory via TKO (Doctor Stoppage).
After the fight, McGregor said this isn’t over. Dustin agreed and said the following:
“We are going to fight again whether it’s in the Octagon or the sidewalk. You don’t say the stuff he said.”
In the post UFC 264 press conference, UFC President Dana White said that a 4th fight between Conor & Dustin will happen once Conor has recovered from his injury.
McGregor posted the following today on Instagram:
“You need people like me.”
Conor will undergo surgery today.
WATCH: Conor McGregor Breaks His Leg At UFC 264:
• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (July 11, 1998) – WCW Worldwide
On this day in 1998, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Worldwide’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & highlights on the road to the ‘WCW Bash at the Beach 1998’ PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
1) Fit Finlay vs. Chris Adams
2) Bash at the Beach Promo: Bill Goldberg & Kevin Greene
3) Public Enemy vs. Disorderly Conduct
4) Highlights from Nitro
5) The Giant vs. Horshu
6) WCW Motorsports
7) Bash at the Beach Promo
8) Super Calo vs. Alex Porteau
9) Bash at the Beach promo – DDP & Karl Malone
10) Glacier vs. Earnest Miller