• Contestant On John Cena’s New Show Dies
According to TMZ, a contestant on the Wipeout show (which 16 time WWE World Heavyweight Champion John Cena hosts) has died.
TMZ is reporting the following about it:
“A ‘Wipeout’ contestant is dead after being hospitalized following a go at the obstacle course…TMZ has learned.
Production sources tell TMZ…a male contestant needed medical attention Wednesday after completing the course, and he was tended to by on-site emergency personnel who then called paramedics.
We’re told the contestant was taken to a hospital, where he later died.
Our law enforcement sources tell us they got a cardiac arrest call just before noon Wednesday, and medics on set had already started using a defibrillator on the contestant, who was experiencing chest pains after completing the course.
We’re told there are precautions and safeguards in place on set. For example, every ‘Wipeout’ contestant undergoes medical exams before participating. There are also 2 paramedics on-site, plus a safety producer and paramedic coordinator.”
Our thoughts are with this contestant’s family & friends.
Also Read: Gillberg Suffered A Heart Attack Yesterday
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.
• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (November 26, 1987) – WWF Survivor Series 1987
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on November 26, 1987, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘WWF Survivor Series 1987’ LIVE on PPV from the Richfield Coliseum in Richfield Township, Ohio.
The pay-per-view had the tagline “The Biggest Event Since WrestleMania III!”.
On this night, the World Wrestling Federation went head-to-head with their competition, when they ran their first ever Survivor Series event and it aired LIVE on PPV against the NWA’s annual Starrcade, which was also LIVE on PPV that night.
Vince McMahon not only ran directly against the National Wrestling Alliance’s biggest show of the year, he also told several PPV providers, that they would not be allowed to show WrestleMania IV, if they would even feature this year’s Starrcade.
Survivor Series 1987 was main evented by a 5 on 5 elimination match featuring Team Hogan vs Team André, while Starrcade 1987 had Ric Flair trying to regain his NWA World Heavyweight Championship from champion Ron Garvin.
Here are the results:
– Survivor Series elimination match: Brutus Beefcake, Jake Roberts, Jim Duggan, Randy Savage & Ricky Steamboat def. Dangerous Danny Davis, Harley Race, Hercules, The Honky Tonk Man & Ron Bass
– Survivor Series elimination match: The Fabulous Moolah, The Jumping Bomb Angels, Rockin’ Robin & Velvet McIntyre def. Dawn Marie, Donna Christanello, The Glamour Girls & Sensational Sherri
– Survivor Series Tag Team elimination match: The British Bulldogs, The Killer Bees, The Fabulous Rougeaus, Strike Force & The Young Stallions def. The Bolsheviks, Demolition, The New Dream Team, The Hart Foundation & The Islanders
– Survivor Series elimination match: André the Giant, Butch Reed, King Kong Bundy, One Man Gang & Rick Rude def. Bam Bam Bigelow, Don Muraco, Hulk Hogan, Ken Patera & Paul Orndorff