Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Amore aka Real1 will make his debut in New Japan Pro Wrestling this month.
He will compete at the NJPW All Star Junior Festival on August 19th at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Below is the statement from NJPW:
“We’ve come to expect the unexpected when it comes to match announcements for All Star Junior Festival in Philly, and this latest bout is on brand indeed.
Six man action will see Starboy Charlie, Jack Cartwheel and latest roster addition Real1 in the mix as they take on The DKC, Rich Swann and Ryusuke Taguchi.
Taguchi and The DKC might have the better team cohesiveness of any of these six, but will that help their trio with Swann to take down a notorious WWE alum, the spectacular Cartwheel and a Starboy looking to break out?”
Below is the match-card for this event:
– East West Express (Jordan Oliver and Nick Wayne) vs. El Desperado and Mao
– Triple Threat Tag Team Ladder Match For The Philly Cheesesteak Cup: Hiromu Takahashi and Rocky Romero vs. Blake Christian and Master Wato vs. Douki and Low Rider
– First Round Singles Match In The All Star Jr. Festival USA Tournament: Kevin Knight vs. Clark Connors
– First Round Singles Match In The All Star Jr. Festival USA Tournament: Francesco Akira vs. Mike Bailey
– Matt Sydal and Yoh vs. Bushi and Shun Skywalker
– Rich Swann, Ryusuke Taguchi and The DKC vs. Jack Cartwheel, Real1 and Starboy Charlie
Enzo Amore was released from WWE in January 2018, after rape allegations were made against him. Amore denied the allegations. In May 2018, the Phoenix Police Department ceased their investigation on this matter due to insufficient evidence.
WATCH: Hot Valet From New Japan Pro Wrestling: