• Daniel Bryan Is Done With WWE
Universal Champion Roman Reigns defeated Daniel Bryan in the main event of last week’s SmackDown.
With this loss, Bryan’s career on SmackDown is over and he’ll never be allowed to appear on the blue brand ever again.
WWE has now moved Bryan to the Alumni section on their website. Below is a screenshot:
With this, fans are expecting Bryan to show up on RAW or NXT, but it looks like that might not happen.
According to Fightful Select, Bryan’s contract has legitimately expired and he’s done with WWE.
Many people thought Bryan’s WWE contract was set to expire in September 2021, but Bryan confirmed that isn’t the case during a recent interview with TV Line:
“It’s funny that people gravitate towards the date ‘September,’ and I think it’s because that’s when my last contract ended, but it doesn’t end in September. I’m still trying to figure out what that looks like.”
WATCH: Revealing Videos Of Brie Bella’s (Daniel Bryan’s Wife) Top Being Taken Off:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (May 4, 2000) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was pre-taped at the Richmond Coliseum in Richmond, Virginia and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Insurrextion 2000’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
1. WWF Intercontinental Title: Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit
2. Eddie Guerrero & Chyna vs. Esse Rios & Lita
3. Kurt Angle vs. Hardcore Holly
4. Handicap Match: Rikishi vs. Edge & Christian
5. Hardy Boyz vs. T & A
6. Big Show vs. Bull Buchanan
7. WWF Hardcore Title: Crash Holly vs. Dean Malenko
8. The Rock & Earl Hebner vs. Triple H & X-Pac & Jesse James