• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (May 31, 1987) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1987, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was pre-taped at the Sports Arena in San Diego, California and included matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 1987’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
1. Koko B. Ware vs. Dusty Wolfe
2. One Man Gang vs. Mario Mancini
3. Ken Patera vs. Tim Patterson
4. Demolition vs. Jerry Monti & Billy Anderson
5. Killer Bees vs. Jimmy Jack Funk & The Raider
6. Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff & Butch Reed vs. S.D. Jones, Joe Mirto & Brad Rheingans
• Daniel Cormier Comments On The Real Reason Why Brock Lesnar Retired From UFC
Mr. Money In The Bank Brock Lesnar is retired from UFC/MMA and will continue to work for WWE.
During a recent interview with ESPN’s Marc Raimondi, UFC Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier was asked about Lesnar not returning to fight him this Summer and below is what DC said:
“I’m sure Brock couldn’t come to terms with the UFC, in terms of financial offer. There’s a lot of uncertainty in the world of mixed martial arts right now in terms of pay-per-view.
It’s not as straight forward as when Brock was there. I think when Brock looked at the landscape of the sport, what they were offering him, Brock said, ‘I can make guaranteed money [in WWE].’ Not work as hard. He’d have to work his a$$ off [to fight me] and it’s probably gonna go the bad way. Whereas with the WWE, it’s usually determined in his favor. So, as a businessman, I think Brock made the right decision.
Then it works, right? Everybody is talking like, ‘Oh, Vince McMahon keeps putting the belt on Brock’ or keeps doing this with Brock. Brock was on the pay-per-view and then Brock was on Monday night and the ratings increased…There’s a method to the old man’s madness. He just continues to kind of rely on Brock and Brock has shown to be a commodity that keeps working for him.”