• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (June 4, 2001) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 2001, the World Wrestling Federation aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF RAW IS WAR’.
It was broadcasted from the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota and featured matches, interviews & segments, on the road to the ‘WWF King of the Ring 2001’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Kane vs. Christian
2. KOTR Qualifying Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy
3. Hardcore Holly, Crash Holly & Kurt Angle vs. The Dudley Boyz & Spike Dudley
4. Chris Benoit vs. The Big Show
5. KOTR Qualifying Match: Rhyno vs. Tazz
6. Bra & Panties Match: Trish Stratus vs. Terri
7. Steve Austin vs. Chris Jericho
• Dean Ambrose Opens Up About Brock Lesnar Refusing To Do Rehearsals For WrestleMania 32 Match, Changing Other Plans
During a recent appearance on Wade Keller’s Pro Wrestling Podcast, former WWE wrestler Dean Ambrose opened up about his WrestleMania 32 match against Brock Lesnar.
Ambrose noted that Lesnar refused to do rehearsals for their match and changed other match plans:
“At WrestleMania you have like rehearsals, they have rings in the hotel so you don’t have to do it on the day of. You put together your match and kinda try stuff out because everybody wants to steal the show at Mania, you put in maximum effort.
During the week you have scheduled rehearsals. We have one scheduled rehearsal at like 11:00 pm Saturday night the day before the show at the stadium. He never even came to the hotel. He didn’t get in till late Saturday night. We end up not even doing that because he’s like we don’t need to do that
‘I mean I don’t think we need all that stuff, all that extra gimmick stuff it’s just simple story. Look, we go to Suplex City, you get your hands on a weapon, you know your comeback’ [Ambrose talking about what Lesnar said].
We start talking about the match for the first time while like the second match [at WrestleMania 32] is going on, I think it was a ladder match. We don’t have a finish, he doesn’t want me kicking out of multiple F5s, and like at WrestleMania everybody kicks out of like five F5s cause he only does German Suplex and a F5.”