• Drew McIntyre On Why He Feels Bad About Big E Winning The WWE Championship
During a recent interview with DAZN, Drew McIntyre talked about Big E winning the WWE Championship by defeating Bobby Lashley.
Here’s what McIntyre said:
“I was just like everybody else on planet earth, ecstatic. There’s nobody that deserves to be WWE Champion more than Big E.
I’ve watched him come through FCW to NXT to start on the (main) roster as a very serious character which is not the real him to teaming with the New Day guys, initially as a serious group and finally shown their personality, getting over huge and paying his dues while being such a nice guy the whole time and finally winning the big one.
I was over the moon for him. The whole world is over the moon for him. I just feel really bad that he’s champion because I have to take it off of him because I want it back.”
McIntyre will face Big E for the WWE Championship at this month’s Crown Jewel 2021 pay-per-view in Saudi Arabia.
• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (October 7, 1996) – WCW MONDAY NITRO
On this day in 1996, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW MONDAY NITRO’.
It was broadcasted from the Civic Center in Savannah, Georgia and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Halloween Havoc 1996’ PPV.
The match-card can be found here:
1. Harlem Heat vs. Public Enemy
2. Diamond Dallas Page vs. Jim Powers
3. The Faces of Fear vs. High Voltage
4. Glacier vs. Mike Wenner
5. Jeff Jarrett vs. Hugh Morrus
6. Arn Anderson vs. The Renegade
7. Lex Luger vs. Dave Taylor
8. Rick Steiner vs. Chris Benoit
9. Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage