• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (September 26, 1987) – NWA World Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1987, Jim Crockett Promotions aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘NWA World Championship Wrestling’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to ‘Starrcade 1987’.
The card can be found below:
– RnR EXPRESS vs. ANGEL/FORCE
– RnR’s post match interview (clips form Morton – Blanchard on WW)
– Highlights of Barry & Nikita vs. Midnight Express from Pro
– Dusty Rhodes interview
– Paul Jones re-debuts The Warlord
– KEVIN SULLIVAN vs. LARRY STEVENS
– Kevin Sullivan interview
– ARN ANDERSON vs. ART PRITTS
– Arn Anderson interview
– TULLY BLANCHARD vs. THE MENACE
– Tully Blanchard interview (joined by Arn Anderson)
– MIKE ROTUNDO vs. DAVE SPEARMAN
– CAGE: RIC FLAIR vs. RON GARVIN (JIP, Garvin wins the World Title)
• ECW Legend Says Brie Bella Wasn’t At Fault For Injuring Liv Morgan On RAW
As we noted before, Liv Morgan (member of The Riott Squad) got injured on this week’s episode of RAW during a 6 woman tag team match.
The Riott Squad (Ruby Riott, Sarah Logan, and Liv Morgan) defeated the team of Natalya & The Bella Twins, but Morgan got injured during the match while taking YES! kicks from Brie Bella.
Below is a video of Brie nailing Liv in the face with YES! kicks and knocking her out:
— Les Moore (@prowrestling) September 25, 2018
Liv managed to continue to compete for a few seconds after this before she was tagged out of the match. She later took part in the match again. As seen in the above video, Liv was visibly shaken by the kicks to the face.
Below is what Brie Bella said about this incident on Twitter:
— Nikki & Brie (@BellaTwins) September 25, 2018
WWE has now confirmed that Liv Morgan suffered a concussion due to this incident:
“Liv Morgan has a concussion and is going through the proper protocol under WWE’s comprehensive wellness program.”
ECW Legend Tommy Dreamer appeared on Busted Open Radio and defended Brie Bella. Below is what Dreamer said:
“For anyone who said its a ‘botched spot’ or that Brie was at fault, they are 100% incorrect. No one ever goes in there with the intent to injure their opponent. It was nobody’s fault, it was a mistimed thing.”