• ECW Veteran Is Stopping All Public Appearances Due To Health Issues
Old School ECW Veteran Mikey Whipwreck is stopping all of his public appearances due to health problems and wants to spend all his time with his family.
Here’s what the former ECW World Heavyweight Champion posted on Twitter:
“I want everyone to know…I’m not stopping all public appearances after this weekend out of anger or bitterness. I could go in to a long drawn out explanation (some people already know the details) but I’ll ‘try’ to keep it somewhat short. Firstly, I have enjoyed being home with my family everyday. I never thought I’d be the type but I hate leaving them even for an overnight trip. I’ve had enough of my kids crying when I pack a bag.
Now for some of the sh*t reasons (all medical/mental)
1. Can’t drive at night anymore
2. Crippling social anxiety
3. I have a hard time hearing and it’s embarrassing, even if it shouldn’t be. If I say “what” to my wife one more time she may strangle me.
4. I’m fat. We all know this and it’s embarrassing, even if it shouldn’t be. Yes, I hear the Butterbean comments at conventions. lol.
5. I get confused easily. It’s happened where I’ll eat around for 20-30 minutes in a store with no recollection of what I was doing or where I was.
6. I stumble over my words quite often and get lost about what I was trying to say or what the topic was.
7. I have pretty intense mood swings. I’m able to mostly keep them in check but sometimes it’s a big challenge.
8. I’m beginning to stutter and stammer a lot. It’s embarrassing, even if it shouldn’t be.
9. I have major migraines practically every day for 6-8 hours. Behind my right eye and it’s getting harder and harder to deal with. It’s worn me down over the years and it sucks. Keep in mind I’ve had 14 concussions (that I remember) & they could very well be playing a huge part in all this. Or they may have nothing to do with it. I’m leaning towards yes, but honestly it’s probably a combination of things.
My wife is a saint and I can’t thank her enough for her love and patience in dealing with me. All things considered, I’m blessed beyond words and thankful for her and the kids.
— Mikey Whipwreck (@mikeywhipwreck_) May 26, 2021
Mikey Whipwreck wrestled for Paul Heyman’s Extreme Championship Wrestling (and earlier Todd Gordon’s NWA Eastern Championship Wrestling) from 1993 until 1998 and again from 1999 till 2001.
WATCH: Tay Conti Has The Best Buns In AEW (Part 1):
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (May 29, 1993) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1993, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Memorial Auditorium in Worcester, Massachusetts and featured matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF King of the Ring 1993’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Tatanka vs. Ricky Rich
2. Doink The Clown vs. Kevin Armstrong
3. Yokozuna vs. Tony Roy
4. Rick & Scott Steiner vs. Mike Bell & Tony Devito
5. Mr. Perfect vs. Rich Myers