• ON THIS DAY IN NWA HISTORY (April 11, 1987) – NWA World Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1987, Jim Crockett Promotions aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘NWA World Championship Wrestling’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments featuring the 1987 NWA Wrestling Superstars.
The card can be found below:
– Ole Anderson vs. Ray Aaron
– Midnight Express vs. Larry Stevens & Tommy Angel
– Arn Anderson vs. Zane Smith
– Road Warriors vs. Thunder Foot & Randy Barber
– Baron Von Raschke vs. Brodie Chase
– Ivan Koloff vs. Dexter Westcott
– Jimmy Garvin vs. Thunder foot #1
– The New Breed vs. Cougar Jay & Chance McQuad (The Breed’s TBS debut)
– Tully Blanchard vs. Alan Martin
– Ron Garvin vs. Bill Tabb
– Lex Luger vs. Larry Clarke
– Tim Horner vs. Mike Force
• Edge Comments On Telling Vince McMahon About Getting An Offer From AEW, AEW Offer Being Nowhere Near What WWE Offered
During the recent WWE 24 Special on Edge, the Rated R Superstar talked about getting an offer from another company (AEW – but he didn’t mention the name) and talking to Vince McMahon about it.
Below is what Edge said:
“Another company within the industry contacted me and said they were interested and wanted to know if I could wrestle. At this point, I didn’t know if I could… Some discussions were had.
The one thing I told them, through all of this, was ‘When you give me your offer, I need to go talk to Vince.’ He’s done right by me my entire career. He gave me my chance. He gave me my shot. Trusted me to be able to pull off a lot of things. To be able to help pull the cart. To be a pillar for his shows. To be counted on as one of his generals. That goes a long way with me.
I wasn’t trying to get a bidding war thing going. It wasn’t any of that. WWE didn’t even know whether this was possible. I didn’t fully know it was possible. And [Vince] said, ‘Well, this needs to happen here.’”
The Wrestling Observer reported the following about AEW’s offer to Edge:
“The AEW offer for Edge was nowhere near what WWE ultimately offered.”
WATCH: We Bet You’ve Never Seen Carmella In This Outfit Before: