• Edge Says It’s More Difficult For New WWE Superstars To Get Over
WWE Hall Of Famer Edge was a guest on a recent episode of ‘The Kurt Angle Show’, where he talked about his current run with the company while already being 47 years old.
Here’s what The Rated-R Superstar said:
“I do appreciate the different set of circumstances that talent have to try to get themselves over in nowadays because I think it’s more difficult. I really, really do and having come back now and seeing it first hand, I’m like wow, this is harder to try and present your story and present your character because the format has changed due to necessity.
When I say more difficult, I mean for people coming into the industry now or coming into the company now. I have a body of work, so I don’t have to go through those same challenges because they’ve seen it, they know it and I can already come in and I’m already established.
I’m talking if I were starting out now, oh man, and it was difficult when I started out back then too. I feel for a lot of young folks and I really do say just pick my brain because I can’t fully grasp what you’re having to encounter because I’m not at that stage in my career at the same time but I can at least give you some guidelines and some tent-poles to help you feel like you’re not drowning.”
Edge is scheduled to wrestle Seth Rollins at this year’s annual SummerSlam pay-per-view.
WATCH: Sasha Banks Twerking During A Match:
• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (July 27, 2003) – WWE Vengeance 2003
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on July 27, 2003, WWE presented Vengeance 2003 PPV from the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado.
This was the 3rd out of 8 Vengeance pay-per-views that aired between 2001 and 2011 (with none airing in 2008, 2009 & 2010).
Below are the results from the show:
– Vacant WWE United States Championship: Eddie Guerrero defeated Chris Benoit
– Jamie Noble defeated Billy Gunn
– Bradshaw won The APA Invitational Bar Room Brawl
– WWE Tag Team Championship: The World’s Greatest Tag Team (c) defeated Billy Kidman & Rey Mysterio
– No Count-Out: Sable defeated Stephanie McMahon
– The Undertaker defeated John Cena
– Mr. McMahon defeated Zach Gowen
– Triple threat – WWE Championship: Kurt Angle defeated Brock Lesnar (c) and Big Show