• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (November 28, 1987) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1987, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Veterans Memorial Auditorium in Des Moines, Iowa and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Royal Rumble 1988’ event.
Here is the card:
1. Greg Valentine vs. Brutus Beefcake
2. Koko B. Ware & Paul Roma & Jim Powers vs. Terry Gibbs & Barry Horowitz & Dusty Wolfe
3. Harley Race vs. Scott Casey
4. Jake Roberts vs. Rick Renslow
5. Don Muraco vs. Brian Costello
6. The Hart Foundation vs. Lanny Poffo & Jerry Allen
• Fan Goes After AJ Styles For Using Homophobic Slurs (Video)
WWE Hall of Famer “The Immortal” Hulk Hogan was released from WWE back in 2015 after footage showing him using racial slurs got leaked.
Hogan paid the price for that and had to re-build his image to get back with WWE.
A Twitter user thinks if Hogan can get penalised for saying some things back in the day, then why not current SmackDown Live Superstar AJ Styles?
Twitter user “Marc Mysterio” posted footage of Styles using homophobic slurs back in the day and you can check it out below:
How is it WWE (former) Champ AJ STYLES can repeatedly use the word FAGGOT & nobody cares? See video below/explain? @WWE @glaad @StephMcMahon @radar_online @TMZ_Sports @lgbtqfc @davemeltzerWON @bryanalvarez #RAW #SMACKDOWN #thevoice
manifest #thankunext#4yourmorning @PageSixEmily pic.twitter.com/pJMf6it2Hs
— Marc Mysterio (@marc_mysterio) November 27, 2018
This situation is similar to what happened with Lars Sullivan recently. For those who don’t know, old controversial comments made by Lars on a bodybuilding forum about a decade ago went viral.
While things aren’t looking bad for Lars as of now, it could pose a problem for WWE’s newest main roster star if those comments somehow got mainstream coverage.
What are your thoughts on this situation with AJ Styles?