• Hulk Hogan Had His Final WrestleMania Main Event 25 Years Ago Today
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on April 4, 1993, WrestleMania IX took place.
While the original main event of the show was Bret Hart defending his WWF World Title against the winner of the 1993 Royal Rumble match Yokozuna, and impromptu main event began between Hulk Hogan and Yokozuna after Bret lost the WWF Title.
Hogan won the Title and this was his last WrestleMania main event. He only had two WrestleMania matches after this (at WrestleMania 18 & 19).
Below are the results:
– WWF Intercontinental Championship Match: Tatanka (with Sensational Sherri) def. Shawn Michaels (c) (with Luna Vachon) by countout
– The Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner and Scott Steiner) def. The Headshrinkers (Fatu and Samu) (with Afa)
– Doink the Clown def. Crush
– Razor Ramon def. Bob Backlund
– WWF Tag Team Championship Match: Money Inc. (Irwin R. Schyster and Ted DiBiase) (c) def. The Mega-Maniacs (Brutus Beefcake and Hulk Hogan) (with Jimmy Hart) by disqualification
– Lex Luger def. Mr. Perfect
– The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) def. Giant Gonzalez (with Harvey Wippleman) by DQ.
– WWF World Heavyweight Championship Match: Yokozuna (with Mr. Fuji) def. Bret Hart (c) to win the Title.
– WWF World Heavyweight Championship Match: Hulk Hogan def. Yokozuna (c) to win the Title.
You can watch the highlights from this event in just 60 seconds below:
You can watch Hogan’s Title win below:
Below is footage of a never seen before embrace between Hulk Hogan & Vince McMahon after the show went off the air:
— Allan (@allan_cheapshot) October 18, 2017
• Fan Starts Petition To Put Pre-Show Match On The Main Show Of WrestleMania 34 – Says It Will At Least Be A 3.5 Star Match
WWE announced on this week’s Raw that the Cruiserweight Title match, Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal & WrestleMania Women’s Battle Royal will take place on the WrestleMania 34 Kickoff Show.
After this announcement was made, a fan started the following petition:
Put WWE’s Cruiserweight Championship Match On The Main Card Of WrestleMania
“Cedric Alexander and Mustafa Ali are two of the company’s most talented cruiserweights and their championship match has been reduced to the Kickoff Show of WrestleMania! These two men have worked really hard to get to this PPV, and as talented they are, they should at the very least be the first match on the main card. The fans need to have to watch them in order for them to get more exposure. They will put on a 3 1/2 star match at the very least. All you have to do is give them the well-deserved platform they deserve!”
As of this writing, 1,688 fans have signed the petition. You can check it out by clicking here.