• Finn Balor Explains Why He’s Back On SmackDown
On this week’s episode of SmackDown, former Universal Champion Finn Balor made his return to the WWE main roster after his second run in NXT.
Balor laid out Sami Zayn on his first night back on the blue brand.
Balor appeared on Talking Smack and explained why he’s back on SmackDown. Here’s what he said:
“It’s good to be back. It’s SmackDown, the fans are back, and Finn is back. That was a hell of a pop. The energy is still running through my body. But yeah, glad to be back.
Obviously there’s always a plan. I went to NXT, I became NXT Champion. I moved to RAW, I became the first Universal Champion. I became a two-time Intercontinental Champion, went back to NXT, won the NXT Championship, so the reason that I’m here on SmackDown is to win Championships.”
When asked if he’d like to send a message to the fans, here’s what he said:
“Obviously I’m eternally grateful for the fan support throughout the pandemic. But my message? Buckle your seatbelts, we’re going for a ride.”
WATCH: Lana Looking Super Hot In A Bikini:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (July 17, 1988) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1988, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Broome County Arena in Binghamton, New York and featured pre-taped matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1988’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Brutus The Barber Beefcake vs. Chris Duffy
– Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. Gino Carabello
– Demolition vs. Billy Woods & Rusty Riddle
– George The Animal Steele vs. Larry Krugar
– The Bolsheviks vs. Omar Atlas & Joe Milano
– The Junkyard Dog vs. Dusty Wolfe
– Rick Rude vs. Ron Stevens